© Copyright 2020 Farmers-Merchants Bank of Illinois. All Rights Reserved
A winning team. A dedicated family.
Interested in joining our growing team? Take a look at our career opportunities.
Farmers-Merchants Bank of Illinois is a wholly owned subsidiary of Merchants Bancorp (“Merchants”), a diversified bank holding company headquartered in Carmel, Indiana. Merchants operates multiple lines of business, including Federal Housing Administration (“FHA”) multi-family housing and healthcare facility financing and servicing; mortgage warehouse financing; retail and correspondent residential mortgage banking; agricultural lending; and traditional community banking. Farmers-Merchants Bank of Illinois focuses on several aspects of mortgage and agricultural lending and retail banking services from five Illinois locations.
Merchants Bancorp has received national recognition from S&P Global Market Intelligence as one of the top performing community banks nationally with assets between $3 billion and $10 billion. Merchants is currently listed as #2 in the nation, the highest rated Illinois and Indiana bank on the list.
Farmers-Merchants Bank of Illinois strives to create a work environment that rewards hard work and strong performance while encouraging a positive work-life balance. We believe our people make the difference in our business and our full range of top-notch employee benefits are key to building and maintaining our amazing team. Farmers-Merchants Bank of Illinois is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Billion in Assets
Summary: The Teller position is responsible for providing premier customer service to both existing and potential customers. The Teller position is responsible for processing deposits, loan transactions, and cross-selling products and services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process cash and non-cash banking transactions efficiently and accurately while providing premier customer service.
- Cross sell products and services to meet customer financial needs and identifies referral sales opportunities.
- Balance cash drawer on a daily basis with accuracy.
- Responsible for direct participation in the achievement of both personal and branch sales goals.
- Adhere to all retail and bank policies and procedures, audit and compliance guidelines and completes required training in a timely manner.
- Provide operational support for branch and bank staff members.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Ability to drive to our New Boston branch.
- Records transactions by logging cashier’s checks, and other special services; preparing currency transaction reports.
- Taking orders for checks; providing special statements, copies, completing safe-deposit box procedures.
- Reconciles cash drawer by proving cash transactions; counting and packaging currency and coins; reconciling transactions; turning in excess cash and mutilated currency to head teller; maintaining supply of cash and currency, and balance vault and coin machine daily when assigned.
- Complies with bank operations and security procedures by participating in all dual-control functions.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects bank operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team success by accomplishing assigned tasks, i.e., complete assigned daily reports, and assist with bookkeeping functions/calls as needed.
- Provide impeccable customer service, and communicate professionally with all clients and colleagues. Greet each customer with a friendly smile/positive attitude.
- Uphold understanding of all banking products and services, along with company systems and procedures.
- Participate in the Saturday branch coverage rotation when assigned.
Expected Experience, Skills and Education:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous cash handling experience preferred but not required.
- Retail banking and/or sales experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to resolve customer problems in a professional and efficient manner.
- Ability to work well in a team environment to service customers.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office is preferred.
- All employees are expected to contribute to the overall success of the organization by performing requested duties regardless of explicit inclusion in the job description or reasonable relation to an employee’s primary role. Additionally, all employees must understand and adhere to all federal and state laws and banking regulations and company policies and procedures applicable to assigned job responsibilities, including compliance as appropriate under the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering regulations.
Additionally, all employees are expected to demonstrate the following Core Competencies:
Professionalism – acting with responsibility, integrity and accountability; demonstrating consistent trustworthiness and reliability; always remaining flexible, adaptable and willing to accept coaching; building and managing professionally healthy relationships; deliberately managing career decisions; and continually developing awareness of business-related topics.
Communication – understanding various active and passive tools and styles and their effects; and exhibiting appropriate, effective, timely use of tools and styles to connect, collaborate, facilitate teamwork and serve customers.
Work Quality – demonstrating an ongoing commitment to compliance, safety and security; executing work with efficiency, a sense of urgency and attention to detail; and displaying organized work practices and a results-oriented mindset.
Analytical Ability – navigating work-related circumstances with practical, sound reasoning; and demonstrating creativity in problem solving.
Leadership – displaying good judgment and certainty in decision making; taking initiative with job-related demands; demonstrating innovative thinking and sound planning with business practices; managing individual performance toward shared organizational goals; and thinking strategically to set and accomplish goals.
Merchants Bancorp and its affiliates and subsidiaries are committed to being equal opportunity employers. All job candidates and incumbents will be assessed based on only criteria relevant to successfully performing the job as defined in this job description and as generally accepted in the job’s relevant industries.
The Teller position is a part-time position. Qualified applicants may submit their resume online.